Description : Occupational Health, Safety and Compliance Officer. Company : Two Mountains. Location : Midrand, Gauteng
Responsible for managing and minimising the safety risks of all employees and customers of Two Mountains Group through the maintenance of sound safety, quality and environment policies, programs and practices. Champion all health and safety initiatives and promote a strong safety culture within Two Mountains Group.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and improve the health and safety policies, processes, programmes and procedures in the workplace.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety policies to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Ensure that all OHS policies are distributed and communicated to employees.
- Identify training needs and develop appropriate programs.
- Training like, OHS management, OHS Reps, First Aider, Fire Basic Fighting, Incident Investigation, Risk Assessment and other.
- Implement effective OHS training programs for managers, new employees and those involved in particularly hazardous areas to ensure the adoption of safe working practices.
- Provide advice to safety representatives, employees and management on health and safety.
- Continuously raising OHS awareness and create safety topic.
- Provide OHS induction to new employees.
- Keep record of all training programs.
- Ensure legal appointment as per required by the OHS Act.
- Chair and lead the OHS Committee for Two Mountains.
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies.
- Develop hazards identification and risks assessment management process and procedure.
- Identify hazards and risks and provide protective measures.
- Report any potential hazards and risk to management.
- Inform employee with the potential hazards and risk there are exposed.
- Develop and communicate and safe working procedure.
- Review risk assessment.
- Develop accident and incident reporting management process and procedure.
- Setup accident and incident register.
- Record and file reported and unreported accident, incident near missing and damage to company assets.
- Report reported and unreported accident, incident and near missing and damages to management.
- Develop investigation management process and procedure.
- Investigate all accident, incident, near missing and damagers to company assets.
- Investigate incidents or accidents to discover causes and handle workers compensation claims.
- Draft a report and submit it to management.
- Develop inspection management process and procedures.
- Conduct monthly site inspections including safety measures.
- Submit monthly site inspection report to management.
- Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Promote emergency preparedness and ensure effective post disaster recovery.
- Develop and implement disaster management plan.
- Oversee the testing and monitoring of plan.
- Conduct emergency evacuations and fire drill and submit emergency evacuation and fire drill report to management.
- Ensure that Fire Extinguishers are in good working condition.
- Ensure that First Aid kit is filled up and up to date.
- Develop auditing and review management process and procedures.
- Continuously review OHS programs, process, and procedure.
- Conduct OHS internal audits, report and manage the corrective actions.
- Achieve ‘zero harm’ in the workplace.
- Ensure accident compensation requirements are constantly managed.
- Comply and meet obligations and responsibilities to all relevant health and safety and environmental legislations.
- Prepare and submit OHS report on health and safety awareness, incidents, issues and statistics.
- Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- National Diploma in Safety Management or Environmental Management or related qualification (NQF 6)
- SAMTRAC Certificate or equivalent.
- Registration with the South African Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (SAIOSH) will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ proven work experience in a similar role.
- Full knowledge of OHS and COIDA Act, its regulations and ISO 45001:2018, 9001:2015 and 14001: 2015
- Ability to initiate and lead SHE internal auditing.
- Ability to implement SHE Management system.
Expected Start Date: 2021/06/01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From R13,000.00 per month
All customers and employees are required to wear a mask, sanitize and abide by the COVID rules.
- OHS: 5 years (Required)